It also declares our compliance with legislation - and specifically with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 679/2016 - and our respect for the protection of privacy and security of personal data.
It is addressed to any natural person who has or intends to have any kind of cooperation with us.
2. Who we are
The web pages https://www.careernet.gr/ and https://marine.careernet.gr/ are owned by NAFTEMPORIKI - PANOS ATHANASIADIS & Co SA, which is based in Greece, in the Municipality of Athens, 205 Lenorman str, GR 104 42.
CareerNet is a platform for job seeking (job search site) and a site for connecting people to job opportunities.
Available services and functions for the effective ads promotion:
• Expanded job visibility
• Dissemination to naftemporiki.gr audience
• Social media posting
• Corporate profile posting
• Functional non-advertising environment with top priority ads posting
• Capability to create a branded career site
• Integrated Applicant Tracking Software
• More than 86,000 unique visitors each month
• 46,000 CVs / 6,000 email alerts
CareerNet Marine hosts Job Ads & Recruitment Software, in English, exclusively from the Shipping Sector.
3. What PD we process
Personal data (PD) is any information that can be used to identify, directly or indirectly, your identity as a specific individual (natural person).
We have to process PD (ie to collect, manage, store, erase data, etc) in the context of our business operations and, in some occasions, in order to comply with relevant legislation and regulations.
You (as a natural person) are not obliged to disclose the personal data that may be requested, but if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with specific products / services or respond to your requests wit consistency, speed and quality.
Whenever you contact us; visit our website; ask questions for our services; we may ask you for relevant personal information (PD) such as:
• Full name
• Contact details (phone, email, address)
• Date of birth
• Marital status
• Training Information
• Work experience
• Personal interests
Furthermore, you may choose to voluntarily disclose additional Personal Data or additional information (such as fiscal or commercial data) as part of your information or collaboration investigation.
4. How do we get PD
The personal data (PD) we collect may include:
• Personal data you directly disclose to us (eg during a contact),
• Personal data that we automatically collect (eg when visiting our website)
• Personal data we collect from other sources (eg professional chambers)
Most of the Data we process are voluntary disclosed, directly by you, for one of the following reasons:
• You are interested in our products / services.
• Information you disclose when you contact us (eg registration).
• Information we receive from your usage of our products / services or the services of our partners.
• Our web server collects information (such as ΙΡ address, search engine, ….) that is used for activities such as calculating number of website visitors, identifying points of interest, checking communication effectiveness, etc. We do not process GPS-type data.
• You have made an information request, a complaint or enquiry to us.
• You wanted to attend or attended our own event.
• You have subscribed to our electronic newsletter.
• You have expressed your interest in working with us.
• As a representative of the organization where you work.
We also receive personal information indirectly, in the following scenarios:
• We collect personal information as part of a survey or an investigation.
• From our partners or cooperating organizations.
• One of our employees’ delivered your contact details.
• It is likely to use information from advertising networks, our customers or third parties, in order to let you know about services that may interest you.
• Your personal information is publicly available.
When you contact us, we keep a record of our communication so as to resolve any issues that may arise.
We do not allow any unauthorized entities, especially without your consent, to access your personal information.
Our website collects the following information through the code of third party services:
• Searching machine
• IP address
• Time zone
• Operating system
• Screen resolution
• Time of stay on the site
• Browsing pages
• Internet Provider
• Connection Speed
Information, such as the above mentioned, is collected by the following third parties::
• AT Internet
• Google Analytics
• Google Maps
• Google AdWords
• Google AdExchange
• Facebook Pixel
• IO Analytics
5. How we use PD
We use (ie process) the disclosed personal data only for a specific purpose. Moreover, we will only process your personal data, where we have a legal ground to do so and in the following context:
• Inform you for new posted jobs and jobs that may be of interest.
• Post of your own content on our site.
• Inform you about posts related with your interests (if you have chosen such an update).
• Inform you about new website services (if you have chosen such an update).
• Evaluate the use of the website in order to provide enhanced services.
• Provide you with personalized and updated services / products.
• Contact you to let you know about new services or products that may be of interest to you.
• Process your payment or prevent or detect potential frauds.
• Registering, managing and maintaining user accounts on the site.
• Retention and availability of CVs posted on the site.
• Provide support for site users’ and visitors’ as well as handling of technical problems.
• Communication with the natural persons to whom PD refer in order to provide information that may be targeted to their interests (such as relevant services, educational or other career opportunities).
• Provide, the natural persons to whom PD refer, with communication capabilities through web sites, social media and other interactive media.
• Receiving feedback and comments from natural persons to whom the data refer.
• Managing participation in our events and other promotional activity.
• Respond to your questions or complaints.
• Develop and improve our products, services, methods of communication and the functionality of our websites.
We do not use your personal data for advertising purposes.
We may combine certain Personal Data by grouping them together and then using them in an anonymous way for different scope. Grouping can be done according to parameters, such as profession, education or experience.
The scope of this is to make anonymous statistical analysis to survey trends or create forecasts in the labour market as well as to evaluate our services.
6. How long we retain your Personal Data
As an example, data related with registration or job seeking are retained at the database after the termination of the relevant agreement (in this case, the agreement begins when the user opens an account or uses any of the services provided and ends two years from his last activity, such as connection to the system or submitting a resume).
A further example would be where we need to retain your personal data for accounting purposes in order to comply with legal requirements.
If we no longer need your data, we will erase them or render them anonymous by removing all details that identify you.
Moreover, the personal data retention period depends on the basis of different legal grounds as outlined below:
• Legitimate Interest
When the processing of PD is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, then processing of personal data will take place for as long as is necessary for the pursuit of our intended purpose and for as long as it is required until the lapse of any relevant claim.
• Compliance with a Legal Obligation
When PD is voluntarily provided by natural persons themselves (eg a job seeking request) data shall be retained (both in hard copy and in digital form) for as long as we maintain a contractual relationship with the natural person or as long it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations or until your relevant consent has been withdrawn. In any case we shall retain your PD depending on relevant legislation or the lapse of possible legal claims.
When we rely on your consent in order to process your personal data; and we have no other legitimate reasons to continue this processing; and you withdraw your consent; then we will destroy/erase your personal data. However, when you close your account (or unsubscribe from our services, such as marketing communications or webpage) we will retain your email address to ensure that we do not send you any mail/promotional material in the future.
• Performance of a Contract
Personal data processing may be performed on the basis that is necessary for the performance of our agreement with you, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering such an agreement. In this case we shall retain your data for as long as you maintain a contractual relationship with us or as long it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations or as long as it is required until the lapse of possible legal claims.
7. Disclosure of your Personal Data
We do not disclose or share your PD with any third parties for any direct/indirect marketing or communication purposes. We share processed personal data in order to help Job Seekers find job and to help recruiters and Employers find candidates.
We share/disclose your personal data as outlined below:
• Your Consent: When you have given your explicit consent to provide for access to your account to other users; then your personal data will be available to other users of the website (please note that NAFTEMPORIKI is not responsible for what others do with your personal data).
• Legal Obligation: We share personal data with relevant public services when it is reasonably necessary and in order to comply with laws, regulations etc.
• Surveys / Research: We may provide non-identifiable data for scientific research or statistical surveys.
• Facilitating Payment: When you are making online payment for services of the website, we will share your personal data with credit institutions; to the extent strictly necessary for making the payment and avoid fraudulent use of credit card, etc. (Please note that NAFTEMPORIKI is not responsible for the use that may be made by each credit institution).
Personal Data Transfers
The data we process is stored on servers located in our premises or on cloud servers located within the European Union.
We ensure that in any case appropriate technical and organizational measures are taken as well as the appropriate framework for establishing contractual relationships in accordance with the relevant regulations.
8. Your Rights
Under data protection law, the users of our services and the visitors of our website have rights as outlined below (which rights should not be contrary to the relevant legislation).
We may ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with a formal Subject Access Request (SAR, see also §10). The link "Account" will have an option to click on, in order to exercise your right.
• Your right to access and rectification: You have the right to access, correct or update your personal data at any time.
• Your right to PD portability: You can receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, machine-readable and interoperable format, and to transmit it to another controller. This right should apply where your personal data has been provided on the basis of your consent or in the framework for the performance of a contract.
• Your right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances. The exercise of your right can always be done in accordance with legal requirements (eg you cannot ask for erasure of your PD when the labor law or tax authorities ask for a retention period of 7 years).
• Your right to restriction of processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances, including processing for direct marketing.
• Your right to submit a complaint to the Hellenic Data Protection Authority, http://www.dpa.gr/ or any national Data Protection Authority about how we process your personal data.
• Your right to withdraw consent: If you have given your consent to anything we do with your PD, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your valid consent up to that date is unlawful). You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your PD at any time by contacting us, through ‘’Contact Us’’ (see § 13).
NAFTEMPORIKI warrants that your personal data will be processed lawfully, collected only for specific and legitimate purposes and will not be further processed in a way incompatible with these purposes. It will always be relevant, appropriate and not more than what is required for the purposes for which it is collected.
To exercise your rights, see § 10.
Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the Hellenic Data Protection Authority,
http://www.dpa.gr/ or any national Data Protection Authority in your country.
In order to modifying your account or resume, whenever you want, you can go to your account or resume; revise your account options or CV’s information; and choose either the modify option or the delete option (NAFTEMPORIKI may retain files for your previous accounts for possible review or filing purposes, but they will not be accessible to third parties).
If during a registration or at any other time, you choose not to accept emails of promotional content or anything else from NAFTEMPORIKI; you can use the same option to cancel it. Alternatively, if you change your mind and wish to receive mails and promotional material, you may use the same option again.
9. Our Obligations
We are responsible for accountability; in respect with the principles of processing personal data (ie legitimacy, objectivity and transparency, purpose limitation, minimization of PD, accuracy of PD, limitation of retention period, security, integrity, and confidentiality).
We will only use (process) your personal data where we have a legal ground to do so. We determine the legal grounds based on the purposes for which we have collected and used your personal data. In any case, the legal ground will be one of the following:
• Performance of a Contract
When personal data processing is necessary for the implementation of a contract between us and the natural person (you) or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering such an agreement. Such examples are: registration, resume posting, job seeking, etc. Moreover, this is the legal basis in the case where there is a contract between us and you (as a customer, registered user, partner or supplier).
• Compliance with Legislation
When data processing is necessary in order to comply with legal requirements (eg compliance with legislation relevant to tax authorities or financial investigation units).
• Legitimate Interest
When the processing of PD is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us (as data controller), except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the natural person (you).
When it is necessary to understand our customer, to promote our products / services and to effectively operate our websites and applications. For example, we will rely on our legitimate interest when analyzing content displayed on our websites and apps to understand how they are used. It is also our legitimate interest to conduct marketing surveys to determine which products and services can relate to the interests of our customers and potential customers.
In addition, appropriate technical and organizational measures are implemented in order to protect both us and our customers & partners against unauthorized access or alteration, tampering or destruction of possessed PD.
• We encrypt many of our services.
• Data collection, storage and processing practices, including security measures, to protect against non authorized access to systems, are monitored.
• Access to personal information is limited & controlled, and subject to strict contractual obligations of confidentiality.
• In case that third parties (for maintenance or support purposes) have potential access to PD, certain appendices to the existing cooperation contracts cover the requirements of the Data Protection Regulation.
Throughout the entire processing cycle of PD (from collection to destruction), appropriate technical and organizational measures are taken in order to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of PD. Similar measures are required by third parties handling or processing PD.
Our sites, services and products are not for use by anyone under the age of 16. We do not, in our knowledge, process personal data of anyone under the age of 16.
10. Access to your own information
Within the scope of the rights granted to you by the Data Protection Regulation, you can view and request a correction or limitation of processing or deleting your PD (see in detail your rights in § 8).
You can exercise your rights by sending an email to ‘’Contact Us’’ (see § 13) asking for a Subject Access Request (SAR) form, and submitting the properly filled SAR form through the “Contact Us”.
We are obliged to respond to you within one month of the receipt of your SAR.
In our response we have to inform you about either the actions we have taken or the reasons why we did not satisfy your request. If we do not respond within the deadline or our response is not considered to be satisfactory, you have the right to appeal to the Data Protection Authority, ((see § 8).
DISPUTE SETTLEMENT PROCEDURE
You have the right to oppose the use of your personal data at any time. You should address this objection to NAFTEMPORIKI in writing (see §13, Contact Us) and must contain a request for a specific action in the SAR form as stated above.
The cookie is information, in file format, which stores at your computer and improves the performance of the website regarding your service. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to us, the owners of the website.
The below outlined information explains what cookies we use and why:
Session ID: this cookie (sessKey) is used for basic site functions and remembers visitor preferences; such as language settings. Disabling this cookie may have unexpected side effects while browsing our site.
Cookie preference: this cookie (cookiePreferences) is used to remember a user's choice of cookies options on our website. If users have already indicated a cookie preference, this option has been stored in this cookie.
Universal Analytics (Google): these cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use this information to compile reports and improve the website. Cookies (_ga, _gat, _gid) collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to our website, which website you previously visited, and which pages you have visited, (you may read Google's overview of privacy and security data).
YouTube cookies: we integrate videos from our own YouTube. This option can choose types of cookies (such as: PREF - * Expires after eight months, VSC - * expires at the end of session, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE - * expires after eight months, remote_sid - * expires at the end of your session) on your computer, when you select the YouTube video player (you may read more on the YouTube Info Page).
NOTE: even after your initial cookie preference selection, you can change the cookie settings for our website at any time by visiting cookies settings.
Most web browsers allow cookies control through browser settings. To learn more about cookies, including the specific cookie settings, you may visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: https://www.naftemporiki.gr/cookiesterms
Performance – Operational – Targeting Cookies
12. Links to other websites
When you click on such links, you may leave our website; your web browser may also disclose to the third party site the URL of our webpage you clicked from, and this URL may include search terms and filters you used on our website. We are not responsible for such data disclosure.
NAFTEMPORIKI seeks to use reasonable security measures to help protect against loss, misuse and alteration of the PD under NAFTEMPORIKI’s control. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage , is 100% secure. In addition please note that emails, messages sent via your web browser and other similar means of communication with other users are not encrypted. Therefore, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its security.
13. Contact Us
NAFTEMPORIKI – P. ATHANASIADIS & Co SA
205 Lenorman str., GR 10442 Athens
CareerNet & CareerNet Marine
DPO: Nikos Chinaris (firstname.lastname@example.org)
tel.: 30 210 5198 153, 210 5198 200